The Prices Write

The Prices Write

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas is our very favorite time of the year. It is so special feeling the Christmas spirit and seeing how the world turns their focus to giving to others and the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

We made the decision last year that we would no longer be traveling for Christmas. I knew I would miss being with family and there will probably always be a bit of me that yearns to be with them, but I also felt excited and encouraged at the idea of starting our own little family's traditions. Eric and I had so much fun collaborating and putting our heads together to come up with fun ways for our family to celebrate this most special time of year.

Christmas Eve was a day of cooking and relaxing. We made a delicious Shepherd's Pie for dinner then all opened up our Christmas jammies and cuddled up for a Christmas movie. Before bed, we read the Christmas story from the scriptures and ended the night by singing Christmas hymns together. After the kids were in bed we made the most delicious cinnamon rolls that we refrigerated and cooked the next morning for the yummiest Christmas breakfast. We also facetimed with my family which was so special and made me feel like I was right at home with them.

Christmas Day was pure joy and relaxation. The kids are at such fun ages and were purely delighted at the idea of opening gift after gift. Brody asked for presents each day for the entire week after Christmas! We ended the night with dinner at some dear friends' house and topped the evening off with Eric's homemade hot chocolate and marshmallows. I couldn't have asked for a more special day spent with our sweet little family.

Christmas Eve dinner
Goodbye til next year, Christmas decor

2 comments:

Mrs. Klis said...

I want to steal all your ideas! Matching PJs, wrapping the kiddo's door, NOT traveling at Christmas, even down to Christmas Eve shepard's pie.
Magical!
Well done!

Heather said...

You are gorgeous mama! and I am so jealous that you have kept up on your blog so well. I am feeling motivated by this post to start blogging again! Love that cute family of yours!